…daniel and april

…daniel and april

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Project ~ Front Door

One house project that Daniel and I wanted to do was paint/stain our front door. So one weekend in the Spring time we decided to go for it. We knew it was going to involve stripping the door, sanding the door, and staining the door.... but we had NO IDEA how involved it was actually going to be.  Let me remind you that our house was built in the 30's, and the front door is VERY old as well.  So.... after buying 2 new sanders, lots of painters tape, and stain,  finding about 10 layers of paint underneath the top layer (I mean you pick a color, and it was on this door...even teal at one point), and MANY MANY hours.... we finished!! 

Front door  of the house before we stained it

 I did not take pictures during the stripping and sanding part... I really wish I would have :(
This is after we stained it but before we put the clear coat on top. 


Finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment