…daniel and april

…daniel and april

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Candy Corn Halloween decoration

A few weeks ago I decided I wanted a new Halloween decoration for my front door. I have seen so many of those really cute burlap decorations out in stores but knew the husband would not be happy if I bought one :) So I decided to make one and thought the candy corn would be the easiest!
I really love how the final product turned out!!

Cut out a candy corn shape from burlap... I laid 2 pieces of burlap on top of each other so I had 2 separate ones. Then paint the burlap - both pieces so the front and back will be painted (after I painted it I realized spray paint might have been a better idea)

I put some light orange polka dots in the middle section

Then write/paint Happy Halloween or whatever you would like on the candy corn
~I wrote mine with black paint pen then went over it with paint
Then I took the other burlap piece that was painted but not written on and hot glued it to the back (so when we are inside we see a painted candy corn)
I sprayed mine with an acrylic weather proof spray to keep it protected.
I decided to hang mine with wire...it went through the burlap really easy 

Final Product!! 

Happy Halloween :)

No comments:

Post a Comment