…daniel and april

…daniel and april

Monday, April 4, 2011

Engagement Weekend at Smith Lake

One weekend in the fall of 2007 we decided to go to Daniel's lake house for the weekend. We have been going to his lake house for many years and we have lots of memories there. We invited several friends to come up there with us for the weekend since Alabama had an away football game. Friday night people were not getting up there til late so Daniel and I decided to go to dinner at McCormik and Schmicks before we headed to the lake. We had a wonderful dinner then drove to Smith Lake. When we arrived at the lake house there was a note on the front door that said the lock was broken and we needed to go around to the back door. When we got to the back of the house I saw the dock...it was covered in candles and lights and roses everywhere! I dropped my bags, Daniel grabbed my hand, and led me to the base of the dock. It was so beautiful (and if you know me you know how much I LOVE lights and candles)! He made a video/slideshow of pictures that were special to us and after he played that for me he talked for a bit about spending the rest of our lives together and asked me to marry him! Obviously I said yes! After talking for a while we went up to the lake house, and when I walked inside his whole family and my whole family were there waiting on us! That was the best surprise! After about an hour of celebrating with our family all of our friends arrived and we surprised them with the wonderful news! It was an amazing and perfect weekend!



The lights on the way to the dock
                             
                                                        
Our amazing family! 

                                                    
Looking at Wedding Magazines :) 

                                                      
He did an amazing job!

No comments:

Post a Comment