…daniel and april

…daniel and april

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Pesto Feta Chicken

My neighbor told me about this chicken that is delicious!! She actually found it in a weight watcher cookbook, but you would never really know it (*hint - your husbands/boyfriends won't notice) 
Ingredients

Mix the feta and pesto together

Slit the chicken down the middle and stuff it with the pesto mix - I used toothpicks to keep them closed

I served it with new roasted potatoes and it was so good! 
A really good salad also went great with it...
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup crumbled fat-free feta cheese
  • 2 tbsp pesto sauce
  • 3-4 skinless, boneless organic chicken breasts
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • basil, black pepper
To make the stuffing, you’ll want to mix the feta and pesto in a bowl. I mixed mine fairly thoroughly so that the stuffing was mushy and not too clumpy. Then, I slit pockets in the sides of the chicken breasts. You’ll want to make sure that you don’t cut all the way through– just enough to make a little pita-like pocket. Then, evenly divide the stuffing between the chicken breasts.
The recipe directions were to heat up the olive oil in a large, nonstick skillet. Cook the chicken until browned and cooked through, which should take roughly 6-8 minutes. Once cooked, sprinkle the breasts with black pepper and basil to taste. I decided to bake my chicken in the oven for about 30 minutes and it turned out wonderful!

enjoy... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment